Well, it's about time I write in here. I've thought about it several times, but never really wanted to because I don't have much to say. Well, anything that hasn't already been said.
Summer has been great. More than I could have hoped for. My friends are amazing and I can't describe how wonderful it feels to have them around all the time. Not to mention I've been lucky enough to get closer to a couple people who were friends, but not as close as I'd like them to be. It's always nice to get to know new people. Scary at first, but very worth it.
I've had a knot in my stomach since I made the decision to move home and the source of it is not being able to find a job. Almost halfway through July now, and I'm afraid the knot may begin to give me ulcers soon. I'm terrified of not having a job. Not just because I won't be able to pay the bills, but because I won't have a purpose. Please don't take this as self-righteous, but I am a great teacher. I love being able to have that positive influence on children. I love seeing their faces light up when they learn something, even if it is just how to pump their feet on the swings. The fact that I may have to settle for being a substitute or something of that nature will be fine, but it does slightly break my heart. That sounds rude. In no way am I demeaning those jobs, they are just not what I had my heart set on. I'm perfectly aware they can leave just as big of an imprint as any other career in that field. Anyways, I'm going to continue calling districts and doing everything possible to find a job, but the fact may be that I just need to start thinking elsewhere. Where that would be I do not know. It sucks knowing that I'm sure other people are in my situation. Just knowing that willing teachers are out there and not able to do what they want/are good at doing is extremely depressing.
Well. I need to go grocery shopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment