Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Some grace from above
My car was broken into tonight...or sort of. I guess I forgot to lock it, and well it locks automatically after a couple minutes, so it had to happen right after I left it. I had everything in there for my stay over Thanksgiving, you name all my things worth value and they were in the car: laptop, ipod, huge book of cd's, several dvd's, some portable speakers and headphones, clothes... I know, my car was stacked full with all of my crap. God must really love me because the only thing they took was a cookie tray from a party we had in class today with about 10 leftover cookies. They did rummage around in my glove box so I'm afraid they took my insurance card or got all that info on there. I'll have to call them tomorrow in case the assholes who messed around in my shit decide to say I hit them or something crazy like that. God I hope those cards don't have your social security number. And they were also kind enought to ash their cigarette on my seat as they were leaving, leave my dome light on, turn my windshield wipers on, and not close the door. I shouldn't be complaining they didn't take anything, for God's sake my laptop was in plain sight, well in a laptop bag, but those are plenty obvious. I'm baffled at how I still have it. I never leave it in my car, I'm always careful, but I was just going in for a while and new I'd be back home soon to unpack my car, so I figured it'd be ok for just a bit. I'm pretty good at being strong, but I freaked out. After that happened driving back to my parents house, just the two minute drive, I was scared shitless that someone was in my backseat ready to strangle me. I can't express how thankful I am that all my stuff was still there, but it makes me scared. Why didn't they take anything (well minus the cookies they could have bought for $5 at any grocery store)? Why was I so lucky? In the last two weeks two women by themselves have been reported as being mugged for their money at stores very close to where I live. I was already nervous about that, now everytime I'm by myself (which is always) I am going to not feel comfortable. I was always so good at feeling confident and safe, now this turns me into a scardy cat? It's going to take time to build that strength back up. I can't sleep because when I close my eyes I picture some stranger sitting in my car smoking just rummaging through all my belongings. They even looked through my toiletries and left some on the front seat. I'm probably just overtired and worrying about this too much, I'm a pretty levelheaded person, but crap, that shit sucks. One person, maybe it was a kid just drunk and goofing around, not wanting to cause damage, just being dumb, got me. I always tell myself people can be nice and do my best to think positively. Maybe God was sending me a sign. This sounds trivial, but for someone in my place, looking for a reason for religion and if someone is truely watching us and loving us, tonight sure gave God some points in my book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment