Sunday, February 8, 2009
We are all different after all.
Alright. So I'm not a big bar fan. If I want to get trashed I find it much more appealing, more comfortable, and most importantly much cheaper to either do it in my own home or at a close friends place. Now knowing that, I was invited out for one of my co-workers birthday dinner/drinks the other night. I had nothing to do, so I figured better to be out with some company rather then watching movies by myself. The night was fun. I did have a good time, there was drinking (lots of it), dancing, and some good socializing. The night started rocky with me forgetting my ID and having to drive 20 minutes back to the house and then back to the restaurant. Talk about embarrassing. They all made fun of me saying I look 12 and should have it everywhere with me, which was deserved. I used the excuse that I never go out for drinks and it didn't even occur to me to bring it (I always have it in my purse, but I only took my debit card with me and kept it in my pocket). I say that was an excuse, but a true one at that. Anyways we ate dinner (well i ate quickly after returning to the restaurant and they watched me, since they were already finished) and then proceeded to the bars. We went to the power and light district which is an area with several bars all right next to each other. The drinks were at the cheapest place we went to $5, and that was a beer. Add the cover charges for each place we went to and the night's cost really added up. I'm going to repeat I did have a good time, but once dinner and four beers added up to $50 dollars I began wondering if I just wouldn't had been better off watching those movies. Is it sad to think I'd rather save my money then go out and have fun? I love having fun, I guess I'm just more prone to having fun the moderate way. Some of the people we were out with got so trashed they had to be carried and were vomiting in the car on the way home. This is just me, but that would just ruin the night for me. Drinking to the point of getting sick and completely not being in control of your body is just not an idea of fun in my mind. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the occasional getting silly drunk, but I would only do it where I was comfortable and not in public embarrassing myself in front of everyone. You know what? When I say it like that I guess it makes me kind of jealous of those people who can do that. They don't care what others think, just do what they want.... well, or after enough alcohol I guess they don't care. I don't know. Not even sure what my point of this rambling was... I just feel like a loner sometimes when it comes to choosing between getting wasted in public or comfortably at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment