Sooooo it's kind of dissapointing when people realize you don't do anything except sit around and keep yourself company. My day to day routine was found out and shortly after I was adopted. I have a friendly married couple that I practically spent the whole weekend with. We went out for dinner and drinks, played cards (I learned a new really sweet game), watched a movie, went to church, and watched the Superbowl all just this weekend. That's more then I've done combined for the past four months here (going home not included, there's always people to be around there). Anyways, I have mixed feelings. I really like them and enjoyed spending time talking to other people besides myself, however in situations like that I can't but help feel like I'm intruding. I know they would probably say "get lost" or whatever if they wanted me away, but I just really hope they are not inviting me around because they feel sorry for me. I don't think that is actually the case, yet it was floating around my mind occasionally as the weekend past. Nonetheless, it was nice to spend some time out of my apartment. I already know I have awesome friends, but (and I'm going to try to say this in the least offensive way possible because I did enjoy my weekend) when you hang out with people you don't know that well it gives you a great appreciation for the ones you are completely comfortable around, those friends who know you as much as you know yourself. Oddly enough hanging out with these people here made me miss my friends at home. I couldn't just enjoy the present time, nooooo, I had to compare it. Like while playing the new card game I learned all I could think was "I can't wait to teach this to my friends back home, they'll love it, I hope I remember all the points so I teach it to them right!" And while I was at church I wanted my friends to be able to be there and experience it and share it with me too because it was a really awesome service. And during the movie an old joke came up and I accidentally said it out loud and got looked at kinda weird. I also got my haircut this weekend and wanted to tell them about it but they can't actually see it so I got sad. I realize I'm crazy, yes thank you. I did enjoy my weekend, but couldn't help to revert everything back to home. What the crap is wrong with me, why can't I stop doing that and just live here?? It's like my lifeboat is cities and people instead of attributes. I want to be happy with what I have here, instead of wishing it was like home. Places are different, people are different, it's not bad, just different. Why is this so hard?
One more weekend here and two more work weeks and then my February is going to fly by with long weekends home and the job fair. I'm already nervous about the job fair, but I'm really hoping that will be my "in" for a job. I've talked to lots of people here if whether job fairs are worth it and they all strongly urged me to go, so I put in my personal day for the 20th and will be there ready to impress. I get butterfly's fluttering around just thinking about it...egh. New topic, before I start full out worrying....
Uhhh, yeah I don't have anything else so I'll just go ahead and rap this one up. Tootles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment