Friday, May 22, 2009

It feels good.

Oh boy oh boy. Today was awesome! Last class store, heads up 7-up, poisonous frog, picnic outside, watching class video, lots of crying (the kids, not me...well not until the kids left at least), and waiving from the school's roof as the car riders and buses pulled away for the last day. So many things were said today that just made me smile. For instance, "why can't next friday be our last day?" and my personal favorite said through sobs, "I...just.....want...first...grade...to last....foooorreevver!" I guess that means I did alright. After I dropped my kids off at the end of the day one of them yelled my name and ran back down the hall after me, stopped about 5 feet from me, paused for a second, and threw his arms out, waiting for one last hug. It was very sweet. Little guy made me cry. I will miss them.

Now I just need to pack my classroom, pack my apartment, and I'm off back to home sweet home. Should be a fun last week here though...shopping with my girl, going to a cards game, visitors from St. Louis, and I'm finally going to get to see the museum here!

Let the packing begin!

No comments: