Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Only water and milk and food.

After picking up the class from art:

Child, with look of worry/panic says: "I think I have something like this stuck in between my teeth"

Child holds up pea-sized wad of orange paper (mind-you it is wet also) and opens mouth to point at lower teeth. Teacher sees considerable amount of paper jammed in between child's two front teeth.

Teacher: "Hmmm, did you put anything in your mouth?"

Child: Nods head surly, "nooo"

Teacher: "I wonder how anything would get in there then?"

Child: Kind of shrugs.

...blank stares....long pause...

Teacher: "Were you eating paper?"

Child's face turns pale with a look of worried confession she nods and shrieks: "what do i do!?"

Teacher: Go to the nurse.

(teacher has to turn back on rest of the class because of laughing)

Child comes back from nurse and teacher asks, "should I plan on you eating paper again anytime soon?"

Child very positively states: "The nurse said I only put water and milk and food in my mouth, and I'm stickin' to it!"


Tuesday, a solid lesson learned, I'd say. Who says kids don't learn anything useful in school?

No comments: