Friday, October 2, 2009

Some thoughtful reflection.

I love when you have those conversations where everything comes out. Where worries, fears, hopes, dreams, goals... etc, etc, all fly free. And you leave feeling satisfied. Oh, and if you're lucky you leave having learned something new, too. I've had several of these recently and can't but help feel grateful for all the love I've received.

I'm really glad for my friends. I wouldn't trade them for anything and I'm gonna love them no matter what. It's sad that it takes times like now (when I'm an absolute mess and they are the ones pulling me through) to say things like that, but I'm thankful one way or the other. They know when they're a mess, I'll be there too.

Family is good too. Not downplaying on that, they are a good definite constant, however I wasn't raised sharing emotions freely, so it's more awkward with them, yet they still listen when I talk. That was quite the run-on sentence, but I like it despite that so it's staying. Anyways I should learn how to rely on family more, it's always been a fault of mine to just run and hide. Yeah, you know: Fight or Flight? I make a pretty great bird.

Anyhow, I guess I just wanted to state my thankfulness of all the love I have received as of recent. It's always been here, I've just never been receptive to it (or good at getting/asking for it). It's easy to see how thankful I should be. I'm not saying it's over or everything is all better, all I'm saying is that it is so much easier to deal with knowing I'm surrounded by people who care and want to help.

10 points to Laura for moving back to St. Louis!

Priceless points to the people who make it incredibly worthwhile.

No comments: