Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Y.M.C.A. and other such shenanigans

My brother is getting married in October. I wish I was closer with him. I kind of missed that boat though. Now, I can't get the time of day with him alone, his fiancé always comes along. I like her, so it is not a problem, but I need to figure out a nice way to say I just need brother time without hurting her feelings. I would have never considered a problem with their marriage until I found my religion (quick side note, I wish I had a better way to say "my religion" and "saved" and such like that, I am still working through the jadedness I have in those phrases). Never before had I considered faith an important part of a marriage. Not to say it couldn't be there, but that it wasn't vital. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Clearly faith is the foundation of a relationship. It is your beliefs. It is what you are living for, living for together as a couple. I would imagine I made it out to be not important because I didn't have it. Anyways, I can't speak certainly because as I just said I do not know my brother as well as I wish I did, but from knowing what I do and watching his example I would imagine he is in the phase of thinking religion is not important (what I just got out of). I think that is a fair assumption knowing the way we were raised. Here's the point of this ramble-terrific paragraph, I'm afraid for my brother’s marriage. His fiancé has a strong Buddhist background. I'm not sure a marriage would endure through two religions clashing. Really, the only way it would work is if they both lived life ignoring the importance of faith, which is what they are currently doing. But what if someday they want more, like what I’ve just gone thorough? These are statements I would never, NEVER expected to come from my mouth. And really they shouldn't be. I guess, rather, I should believe that God will take care of them. But I know God gave people choice because he wanted them to have the freedom to make their own decision. What if they decide to go the other way? See? I'm bad at this. I'm outside of my box. All I want is to be happy for my brother. I guess that's all I can do and leave the rest up to the man who can.

haha, I'm gonna start calling God "the man who can". That's neat.

I'm excited for my brother and his fiancé. It is the first wedding I will be a part of. I am probably TOO excited about that part. I am going to totally going to rock the dance floor; I'm all about the electric slide. I even get to dance with the groom, someone I know. How cool is that? Actually knowing the people whose wedding you're at. As for the rest, I will pray and trust and be hopeful.

1 comment:

bcschjenk said...

Love reading your posts.