Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My 100th post- a special occasion.

My brothers wedding was this Sunday. 10-10-10. It was an amazing day. The day flew by and so many things happened it's hard for me to even remember it all. I'm horrible at telling stories so here's a list of some of my favorite moments:

- got my hair done with my mom and she had me do a little make up for her too. It felt nice that she trusted me to do that. She never, NEVER wears any makeup.

- getting to help my brother get dressed, put tie on, fix coller, fold up handkerchief for pocket... I thought I wasn't going to get to see much of him that day, but it turned out I spent most of the time with him, it was great.

- Standing in the lobby with Tom waiting for the ceremony to begin. The girls were downstairs steaming Joyce's dress when we arrived so Tom had to wait upstairs as to not see the dress... I got to stand and talk/ just hang out with him up to the beginning of the ceremony. It was so awesome.

- I got to pin the flowers on all the groomsmen, mothers and fathers.

- I was the official pocket handkerchief folder for the boys, you know the little ones that poke out of their pocket in a triangle.

- During the ceremony, after Tom and Joyce handed the mothers the flowers Joyce almost tripped on the stairs (they were fairly steep and her shoes were even higher than ours) so Tom was helping her up them and ended up standing on the wrong side of her so he went to walk around the back of her almost walking on her train and decided to instead jump over it... it was priceless, everyone got a good laugh.

- We had a luxury bus to ride in during the pictures. Joyces dress' fluff took up about 4 seats. It was funny.

- My cousin, Lydia (5), was one of the flowergirls and is now my new bff. She followed me around all during the reception and shared my cake with me. She's really shy and up until then she never really warmed up to me. It was really great.

- I got to dance with my young cousins during the reception. My one cousin, Alycia did the cha cha slide with me and I quote... "i love this dance!" Adorable. And then we all made a circle holding hands to journey's "forever" and twirled and laughed together.

- Lydia and I went over to Nathans table and sat by him during the Mother and Groom dance. He said I looked pretty. =) Short and sweet and made my heart all warm like.

- The 10 course traditional chinese meal was amazing. Johnny, Joyce's brother, was sitting next to me and was putting all the good stuff on my plate. When the lobster came out he was like, "here! this part has the most meat and is the easiest to eat!" He was taking care of me... it was sweet.

- Nathan ate a fish eye. And then their table proceeded to look at me over at our table and laughed and yelled "he's all yours!" I believe I responded with something like, "I'm so proud" and I was.

- My uncle (one I'm not very close with) came up to me and perhaps gave me one of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten. I was so astounded I can't even remember how he said it (i wish I could) but it was something like, "you walk so elegantly, it makes you look so beautiful, like you're floating along" but it was longer and much better said. And this was when I was wearing 4 1/2 inch heels! It took me off guard. And let me know that I did okay with something I was really nervous about (being a part of the ceremony).

- Watching my mom's face during the ceremony, she looked so proud and happy.

- Watching my brother be silly at the reception. He was dancing and having such a good time. I got to dance with him a couple times. We were so excited we probably looked like we were just bouncing around, but it was fun to just be happy with him on his day.

- Got to dance with Nathan too. I just love how we don't worry about how we look dancing, we just have a good time. He is a lot of fun to dance with.

- Having my dad tell me to ask my aunts about a time they went to New York with their crazy italian family. He was relating it to one my experiences and it was sweet that he was making me feel better about it.

- Watching my parents dance. They've been taking dancing lessons and were so cute.

- It was amazing being a part of the wedding (in the bridal party). I loved being the people getting the dancing started and making everyone else get involved. I was never on that side of the wedding, I was always one of the people watching and only went to the dance floor if I was made. It was so refreshing to just have a good time and celebrate.

- Nathan took me home and I mentioned being sad that they didn't get the party favors (little chinese figurines with "tom and joyce inscribed and their date") for immediate family and bridal party because I wanted a memento of the day. And one of the other bridesmaids took my flowers and left me with broken ones, otherwise I would have been happy with those. Nathan gave me his figurines and it really made me happy.

There were tons of small moments I won't forget. It was just such a great day. Even when things were going wrong and Joyce's family was freaking out, it wasn't bad. It was easy to stay positvie and happy when I kept the big picture of their future in mind. I'm so happy for my brother and, now, my new sister.

1 comment:

bcschjenk said...

Awesome timing of your 100th post and the wedding of your brother. Be sure the thank them for scheduling that around your blog...in fact try and call them right NOW. ;)