Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oh let me count the things I would rather be doing...

Today I am experiencing a new kind of bored from this place. More bored than possibly possible. There is nothing to do. At one point I had 36 minutes between phone calls. The ultimate of boredom. Not to mention I am limiting my "fun" websites in order to keep other employees from talking bad behind my back. That's right, my boss says I'm doing a wonderful job and approves of my "downtime" whatevers and now other employees talk bad about me because I piss them off (or more realistically because they are jealous they do not have the guts to talk to their boss openly and ask if they can do what I'm doing). I am being mean... but they are too. You wouldn't believe the amount of rumors and gossip, and people who complain relentlessly, and make-up stuff just to give themselves some entertainment. And not just the stereotypical "gossip" people. No, it's near everyone... old guys have a group against the young new employees, new young employees complain about the older guys being rude... blah blah blah blah. I think of it as boredom gone bad.

I try so hard to be positive and not contribute to conversations of gossip, but that leaves me out of nearly all conversations. Which oddly enough, if you're not a part of them you become a subject of them. Stupid stupid stupid stupid. It's just stupid. Grown ups should not want to portray themselves this way. It's just become such the "typical" around here, they do it without even an ounce of remorse. Ha, it's funny because when I oppose what they are saying (for instance offer a positive or alternative perspective) they all look at my like I'm crazy and then later talk about how crazy I am when I "can't hear". Yet, it's amazing what carries in a call center, you hear everything.

If I wasn't so scared about not having a paycheck I would have left this place many months ago. It is killing my spirit.

I guess as for now I will just continue to pray for something better to come along or perhaps for God to show me why I'm still stuck in this blackhole of a work place.

No comments: