Friday, March 6, 2009
Not because I can't, but because you can.
I can now understand why chivalry is missed by some women. I'm the type that's perfectly fine with walking anywhere alone or opening my own doors, or whatever happens to be done with that term. I never really even think about it actually. And then I hear women talk about how angry they were that their date didn't open their car door for them or something dumb like. Yeah, duh, they didn't open your door, hello? It's called automatic locks, why walk all the way around the car when it's already done for them? I hear ya guys. Well tonight, I'll admit I was walked to my car, and although it was completely unnecessary, it was pretty nice. I think it was the part about being taken care of and worried about that was nice. It's not like I couldn't walk myself to my car, of course I can, I have two legs, but it was done not because of that, but to ensure I safely made it. Granted it was done by a 50+ year old man married to a woman I work with (we were celebrating her birthday tonight), I still say it's nice to be cared for. Now I'm going to stick with my original feelings on this circumstance. Chivalry does not need to be done 24-7, guys need to be taken care of as well, after all (even if they deny it), but I will admit after experiencing it, it would be one of those special-occasion nice things. Just to show you care. Not because I can't do it. Not all the time. Maybe just once in a while, to remind me. Girls are dumb like that. We need reminders of why things are. Yeah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment