I'm not one to enjoy associating myself with drama. Actually, I usually work to keep it as far from myself as possible. There are two main reasons for this:
#1: drama is almost always an overreaction to one's own feelings about something really not that important. Without taking time to consider how you truly feel about something is when drama happens. Pure emotion, and usually negative emotion, is a manifestation of drama. I do realize when something happens the easiest route to take is to act off how you feel in that moment. This happens to everyone, it's just a matter of how far you take it; one person= you were upset, half a building= you are stirring shit up. Simpler as it is, I've learned time and quiet thought create a better picture of what's actually going on. Another hard task is understanding both sides, but albeit, extremely helpful.
#2: I'm not good at dealing with drama. I say things that are either unhelpful or just said to say "something" at an attempt to comfort the dramateer. These "somethings" are reflected upon by myself later and I'd say 90% of the time I realize my comments were wrongful to at least some extent. Then I have to go back on what I said earlier, which makes me a hypocrite. I hate it when I make myself a hypocrite.
There's work drama coming at me, from different schools even, and I found myself exhausted at the end of the day. Drama is not entertaining to me, it is extra work. So by all means, if you have a problem that's been troubling you and you'd like to discuss it, I'll talk you though it; with an attempt to see the big picture. Yet, please don't come at me with "he said" "she said" baloney because more often than not it's not true and if you really have a problem with a person you should be talking it out with them, not complaining to someone else.
There I go again, being hypocritical. Complaining to my computer, when in reality I should have just told those people I prefer not to be involved. How do you tell people you care about that you don't want to discuss their issues, without seeming stone-hearted? I guess that's the mystery of drama, it sucks you in, no matter the role you'd prefer to play.
Now I truly understand why 9-5 people look forward to the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment