It's when I spend a weekend here alone I really remember why I want to move home. But that has nothing to do with what I'm about to write about...
So parents are great. Usually. (more so when you get older and aren't annoyed by them) My parents are really pushing me into getting a house and it's starting to stress me out. A house is a BIG thing. So many factors and so much planning need to be thought about. I made a list of house stuff the other day, things I will need to do, buy, and a time-line like thing. If I were to be moving into a house this summer, it needs to be happening now. Like I should currently have one picked out and start negotiations on it. That's not happening. I also should have lots of money saved up. Closing costs, taxes, buying appliances that are not cheap (refrigerator, washer and dryer, etc). That kind of money I do not have. My parents have offered to help me in the money area (I would be paying them back, instead of companies and whatnot), yet I don't want it. My parents always try and swoop in and "rescue" me with money. Frankly, I'd rather not take it. I like being independent. I'm not sure what their take on it is, whether they like helping their daughter and have the money, so why not, or if they like me having to depend on them (paying them back). I'm not sure. You think they're scared I'll never come see them if they don't give me money? Who knows. My parents were always extremely responsible with their money. I want to be like them when it comes to saving. My dad makes a hefty amount, my mom has now been back at work for several years (an extra income they didn't need). My parents built their own house (no house payments), own all of their cars (paid cash for the new one), have near to none payments on anything, and still shop at Aldi for groceries. I highly admire my parents for their thriftiness and how smart they are with their money. A part of me wants to scream "heck yes! take the money", but in the back of my mind it seems irresponsible. I would love to not have rent money going to waste, but I don't want to feel childlike paying my parents back for everything they will have to help me get started with the house. This is my pride kicking in. I'm so close to just telling them "no, just forget it". There's just not enough time and I don't have the responsible amount saved up yet. Who in their right mind turns down a house though? Or the help my parents are offering to give for me to get one?
I KNOW the time is not right for me to buy, but with my parents being so set on me getting a house before the stimulus package expires, I know they would buy a house without me (because my dad has wanted a fixer-upper for a long time). SO really it's a matter of me being a part of getting this new house now or my dad buying it anyways and probably "giving" it to me in a year or so. I feel so spoiled and I hate it. I need advice. Anyone?... like the three people that I think read this, help me out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I believe in you and in the power of choice and this all complete rubbish. I just wanted to let you know I read that and you can do what ever you want. The world is your oyster.
Post a Comment