So I've decided living without comfortable relationships is difficult. With a new job and new church I've met many, many new people and have yet to really get to know someone. I even have a hard time correlating names and faces still. Now here's the problem, how do you build a relationship with someone so you can comfortably spend time with them and have silence where people aren't talking without it being seriously awkward? I'm pretty sure it only happens through spending that first awkward time together. It just sucks, no one likes having to do it. What if it just stays at the friendly, "hey, how ya doin, how was the weekend?" and nevermore. I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out. All I know for now is that time I do find with those people I am comfortable enough to fall asleep around or say whatever stupid thing that comes to my mind I take for everything it is; I enjoy it and thank God for that time to actually relax while conversing with people. So sorry if the title of this blog may have sounded more interesting than it turned out to be, but if you ask me finding people you're comfortable enough to be yourself around is the best company one could ask for.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Sleeping with Good Company
I was thinking about figuring out life (and obstacles that come with it) and how it would be nice to be able to this in a day, or however much thought time you put into it. Yet, it surely doesn't work that way. And then I thought a bit more and realized if everything was just handed to us in a day, what would be the point? Well there's that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment