I was not allowed to switch my current cable plan to my new apartment because the people who lived there before me have not deactivated their service yet. It doesn't matter that they haven't lived there for a week nor does it matter that their account has not been paid for two months. Now really, does it seem a good company policy to deny someone their service (someone who has always paid their bills) because another customer has not paid their bills and been responsible enough to call the company and cancel their service? Normally, had there not been someone still "active" in the new building all I would have to do to transfer my service would be to call, tell them my new address, and be done with it. But because of the incompetence of the previous residents I'm punished by having to bring my new lease, photo identification, and my social security card and drive to the cable companies store and in-person put in my request, then still have to wait to see if it can be put through... I understand the company has procedures they have to follow, but i just can't help feeling like i was given more work because of them.
Really I'm just bitching because I'm pissed i had to go to the cable store twice today just to try to get my already set up service sent to my new home. It was really just an inconvenience that i didn't feel like messing with. The moral of this story is i'm tired of people not paying their bills and me having to deal with the effects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment