After picking kids up from recess:
Teacher: "where were you?"
Student: "I was at the nurse"
Teacher: "Why, are you alright?"
Student: "A wood-chip from the playground got caught in my throat"
Teacher: *blank stare* "How did that happen?"
Student: "well..." *long pause* "they were throwing them around and I opened my"
Teacher: "stop right there. I want to you assure me this story is the truth. It sounds like you're about to tell me one went into your mouth and then got stuck."
Student: *nods head up and down*
Teacher: "I just want you to think for a minute and when I come back I'd like to hear what happened."
Student: "wait.. I uhhh" *ridiculously long pause* "how can I say this without you getting mad?"
Teacher: *begins to loose patience and makes it apparent to student*
Student: "well... I made a snowball. And then ate it."
Believe it or not, but some rules are really there for a reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment