I think resolutions are stupid. Let me rephrase: new year resolutions are stupid. Any other random resolutions are just fine. If you'd like to change something about yourself do it, do it now. Don't do it now because it's a new year, do it now because it's something you want. There's never a bad time to try and make yourself better. Giving new year resolutions has become an excuse to put off what you want to do. It's laziness. You wanna loose weight? Why wait until January? I understand the concept of "new year, new changes" but really the only thing that starts in January is the new year. People are still working, they are still living, they are still going to school. I'm not so sure I'm making this point very well, but the matter of the fact is that January is no different from the other months, besides being the first of the months that you write the new date on your bills, papers, and what nots. Matter of fact I bet if people started their resolutions in the middle of the year they would be more successful. Everyone always says in winter people are depressed and sleep more. No wonder New Year resolutions only last on average a month, everyone is too busy being shut-ins.
Well. I'm not so sure why I got so angry typing that. Maybe I'm jealous I don't care enough to make a resolution. If I had to come up with something it would be a way to figure out how to (or where to) read the Bible so I can make sense of it all. Not like where do I sit to read it, but like where to start. I've tried the beginning and that just isn't workin for me. This Jesus thing has me going and I'd really like to try and figure it out. Or at the least make some progress, instead of the steps I seem to be heading backwards on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment