I had the worst "sleep" last night. I put sleep in quotes because although my body was asleep, I don't think my brain actually got any down time. I've never dreamed that much, at least not that I can remember. Crazy stuff too, like I was home with friends hanging out playing board games, then I was swimming, then I had a nightmare about my rabbit having a circle patch of hair gone with a terrible soar and was hissing like a cat, then I was in an old western with all my friends, then I'd be sitting in my apartment just staring at my dart board, and many more that I've already forgotten. I dreamed in songs too. That was probably the strangest part. Like I was picturing that stuff and there was music in the background, but it was music about my life, in my words, and yes, me singing it. I was good too. I woke up several times each hour (the part that plays a role in my horrible night of sleep I'm pretty sure) and a couple times wrote some of it down, but unfortunately half-sort-of-asleep written songs don't make much sense when read the next day. I have some semi-good lyrics, but for the life of me can't remember the melody. Damn, and it was already done for me.
I'm thinking I kept waking up because of the dreams, but I'm pretty sure the whole fiasco happened in the first place because last night was the first night in about a week I felt well enough to not put myself asleep by use of nyquil. My body must have gotten confused without it and wigged out my sleeping. I'm glad it happened thou, cuz any other night I never dream. So I'm always excited when I have any sort of dream, minus the scary ones of course, which on the rare occasions I do dream those are usually the ones I have. But last night was fun, despite the really frustrating fact that every half hour or so I'd wake up. I should get a tape recorder so if it happens again I can just sing my dream to that and then fall back asleep, but still remember it.
So if my mind can dream in my pre-composed songs, I'm pretty sure I can write some. Whether they are any good will be another story, but I'm gonna at least give it a shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know, alot of great composers composed in dreams.
Wagners - Das Rheingold
Stravinsky, Mozart, Chopin, and Brahms, all had compositions from dreams
even Paul McCartney.
you may be a musical genius, or even better...A Beatle!
(I think I've been reading too many music psychology books.)
Post a Comment